NEET (National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test)
NEET 2020 – National Testing Agency (NTA) will conduct NEET 2020 on May 3 in pen and paper based mode in 2546 exam centres across 154 cities in India. From 2020, NEET will be the single entrance exam for all UG medical courses in the country including AIIMS and JIPMER. NTA will release the NEET UG 2020 application form on December 2, 2019 and the last date to fill it is December 31. NEET 2020 admit card will be available on March 27 for candidates who have successfully filled the application. After NEET 2020 concludes, candidates can check the NEET answer key by leading coaching centres on exam day. NEET result will be declared on June 4, 2020 in online mode along with the final answer key and qualifying cutoff. NEET qualified candidates can apply for All India counselling conducted by MCI tentatively in June while counselling for state admissions will be thereafter. To know the complete detailed information about eligibility, application process, important dates, download of admit card, seat matrix and more, read the article below.
The total number of questions proposed by the exam conducting body shall be a total of 180 questions. Out of which 45 questions each will be there from Physics, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology respectively. The duration given for test will be of 3 hours. There will be 1/4th negative marking.
What is NEET?
- National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (NEET) is the single largest undergraduate medical entrance test for admission to MBBS, BDS and Ayush courses – BHMS, BAMS, BUMS, B.V.Sc & AH. AIIMS and JIPMER now merged into NEET. No more separate entrance exams for these.
Benefits of NEET:
- One common examination for admission into almost all of the MBBS colleges in India.
- No need to apply for several entrance examinations.
- The students will be free and relaxed after appearing in only one exam.
- Stress-level will be considerably reduced which otherwise used to be there due to various entrance examinations spread over a period of three months (April-May-June).
- Substantial financial savings for parents